Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Deepest Fear!

As a single working mother, my deepest fears are that I am not devoting enough time to my child. Also, I worry that if something happens to me what would happen to her; will she have a solid foundation to survive and succeed without me?Reading the poem below and remembering a situation that happened with my daughter jolted me into action to stop fearing the unknown and try!

Back in August I begin writing a children’s book with a companion book for parents. This book was about how I came to an early realization that my daughter was more aware and in tuned with me and her surrounding then I thought she was for a 5 year old. I hope that this book will help other parents to speak with their children about things more often! It is a learning process after all.


OUR DEEPEST FEARS by Marianne Williamson

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.Our deepest fear in that we are powerful beyond measure.It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us.We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?Actually, who are you not to be?You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the World.There is nothing enlightening about shrinkingso that other people won’t feel unsure around you.We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone.As we let our own Light shine,we consciously give other people permission to do the same.As we are liberated from our own fear,our presence automatically liberates others."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT poem! When your done with the book/companion book let me know. I whole heartedly encourage you to do an article about it for my blog and promote your heart out!